I feel very successful finishing half of the projects
on my Q1 Finish Along.
So I will have a couple of carryovers for Q2.
1. Sarah's Stars - This should have been to the quilter last month, at least that was the goal! So, I have to make this quilt number one priority since this will be a graduation gift for my youngest niece.
2. Flying Geese mini quilt - for a secret partner on Instagram!
3. Heather Ross mini quilt - another secret partner swap on IG!
4. Paint Chips - This is my Stash Bee 2017 quilt blocks for January - my tutorial is HERE. Blocks have all arrived - just need to get it together and quilted.
5. Hexie Flowers - I'm embarrassed to even say how long I've been working on these! I just want to make a sweet little mini quilt to hang in my foyer.
6. It Takes a Village - still plugging away at this paper pieced house quilt.
7. Tic Tac Toe - I have all of the blocks from my believe circle at do.good stitches - another charity quilt.
8. Easter X-stitch - I've been wanting to do this one for awhile now.
9. Bright blocks - a charity quilt for Hands2Help.
I'm thinking very positive, this being Spring and all :)
Looking forward to seeing everyone's finishes for this quarter!
These blocks were created by ladies all over the world in 2016. I love that each block is unique in its size, color and fabrics. The blocks were created with this pattern: BUBBLES. I purchased my copy on Craftsy.
These blocks were A LOT of work! No kidding. The block exchange I was in had quite a few people drop out, unfortunately, so I ended up making several more blocks myself to complete the quilt.
I am very happy with the results! And, it's my final finish for the Q1 Finish Along found HERE.
On to creating my Finish Along list for Quarter 2....
I belong to the Believe Circle at Do. Good Stitches on Flickr.
These are the October 2016 blocks finally put together and quilted.
Our group does one quilt a month that we donate to "A Blanket of My Own" who gives handmade quilts to children in foster care. Click HERE to see other quilts we have donated.
I usually complete 2-3 quilts for the group each year and I'm always looking for donations of backing fabric and batting. Please contact me if you are interested in donating to this worthy cause. Q1 Finish Along list